Sunday, December 05, 2010

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me "mommy." -- Author Unknown



This morning I was woken up at what felt like the crack of dawn by my little Jane. 
7:45 am feels like the crack of dawn when you don't 
go to bed until single digits start rolling around again.

She climbed into bed with me since I couldn't yet speak, move, 
or even open my sandpaper eyes, and cuddled up to mommy log. 

Jane is my talker. 

Well, Lucy can't talk yet, but even still, I know Jane will be my talker. 
She said more at 7:45 am than I will probably say before noon. 
She kept talking and talking, and honestly, I don't remember any of it.

Until this...

"Mommy, you are the best mommy in the whole world."

And then,
"And daddy has the best baby in the whole world, and mommy has 
the best baby in the whole world and I have 
the best sister in the whole world."

Awwwww!

She had me at "mommy".


Have you ever read this quote?

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me "mommy."
-- Author Unknown

Words could not describe that feeling better.
I feel so grateful to have been blessed with two little angels.
Yeah, there are hard days, but then there are moments like 
this that melt all the hard stuff away.

I have the best daughters in the whole world.
Hope you are finding moments like this during your days.


2 comments:

Luke and Bridget said...

With all that is going on in our lives, I literally needed this post. Thanks for writing it. You have been an answer to my prayers.
Love,
Bridget

Sarah S said...

Wonderful story. You do have the best babies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails