Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Elder Wirthlin of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints passed away last night. There are some articles regarding his life and passing which can be found online. One can be found here. Something that touched me from that article was this:
"There is old proverb," Elder Wirthlin was wont to say, "which says, 'An inch of gold will not buy an inch of time.' We must put a sufficiently high value on time. It is valuable and should not be wasted."
I am such a time waster! I don't want to be, however, I feel trapped by my own laziness and sometimes don't know how to rise above it. However, I feel inspired by an apostle's words and I am going to strive to use my time more wisely. The article also stated that Elder Wirthlin would each morning type his schedule for the day. I remember as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I would write out my schedule for the day the night before, and then review it in the morning and would stick to it as best as possible. I am going to implement that again in my life. I'm excited about all the things that I will accomplish!

1 comment:

Barlow Fam said...

He was such an amazing man, what a great example of how we really should be trying to live our lives!! And no I haven't seen it yet, but when I do I will let you know!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails