Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Grandmother

Some of you may already know that my grandmother Pat Houston passed away yesterday, September 10th. She was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, my church as well. After having not attended for about 25 years, she had recently begun attending services again which was very exciting. When I would go home to visit I would see her and my grandfather there in the back row of the congregation. They would be smiling and happy and it was great. This grandma was not the type that baked cookies all day long, but she was fun nonetheless. She was very excited her newest grandbaby Jane and had been making clothes for her since she was born. She'd made crochet blankets, hat and booties, dresses, pajamas, and many other items. Grandma was very skilled with the sewing machine and was excellent at crochet. I always felt very welcome and loved in her presence and we will miss her very much.
We love you Grandma.


From Jane visits Seattle

The funeral service for Pat Houston will be held on Saturday, 9/13, at the
Bellevue Stake Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

It is located on Main Street just west of 148th Ave SE.

There will be a viewing from 10:30-10:45 AM, in the Relief Society Room and then the service
will be held from 11 AM - 12 PM. Following the service, the burial will take place in Redmond.


Then, at 2 PM there will be a luncheon at the Chapel for immediate family and close friends.

An additional viewing will be held on Friday, 9/12, from 4-8 PM at:
Sunset Hills Funeral Home (0.90 miles)
1215 145th Place SE, Bellevue, WA 98007 U.S.A.
Phone No: (425) 746-1400

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Hey Heather,
cool post by your sister. I'm so sorry about your Grandma, I just read it and then talked to my mom and she said she died of emphysema. That is the same as Dave's Grandpa that I was close to.
I hope your Grandpa's doing ok.

Related Posts with Thumbnails